Saturday, September 17, 2005

I walked down Osmena Blvrd today, somehow, walking that road makes me feel calm. Probably because of the trees on the sides but I don't realy know for sure why. I usually walk there when I want to think of something, usually when i re-evaluate things. This is one of the "usual" times, im re-evaluating a lot of things in my life. I think I forgot one of the facts of life that I've learned, * People will fail you. Whoever they are, your mother or father or brother or sister or closest friend or mentor they will fail you - even yourself will fail you. They will do things that will frustrate you, make you deperate, sometimes torture you. Wow. Isn't it amazing? So, what should I do? Be frustrated? Give up on people? A lot of people would give up on people and I could understand that, it's really frustrating at times. Anyway, As I've said, a a lot of people give up on people says statements such as, "He'll NEVER change." or "Ingon ana man jud na cya." or "Kapoy nku sigeg tambag ana wa ghapon nausab." and the likes. It's tempting to give up on people and just be miserable or indifferent. Sometimes, I want to "not care" because I just think for awhile that some people didn't deserve "care". Or we try the less "draconian" approach to this problem, we try to expect less from people; that way, they always reach on our expectations. Still [shrug] isn't it a form of "giving up" on people? But God never gave up on people. If there is anybody who have the right to give up and quit caring, it's the Lord. WWJD. If Jesus is in this situation, where some people failed His expectation, He would not stop caring. He would undestand the people rather than grade them a failed grade. It's so hard to be God.

So what should I do then? Give up? [No way!!] I found this quote helpful from my friend Ziggy "Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes." - Zig Ziglar.

4 comments:

anonymous said...

oh..let me comment!!

god gave up on ppl..well most of them anyway during the great flood. he started anew with noah;s family.

he smote the whole city of jericho and sodom and gomorrha..

id say god was cutting his losses. he knew they were essential to be able to start a new beginning.

parehas lang gud na sa lesson tonight sa cruisers... dont ever give up kno.. finish what u started.. BUT what if its the wrong thing..humanun pa jd just for the sake of finishing it? does not giving up on that venture make the thing the sakto na thing. i think not.

again, it all has to do about discretion and wisdom...

Joseph Librero said...

thanks frust-cook. i never thought of that. =).

I was thinking that God did gave a lot ppl more than a second try in life.

despites ppls "evil" actions He is still willing to come down and sacrifice for us. God thinks totally different from how we thinks.

your absolutely right about discretion and wisdom.

Immortelle said...

i have somehow written about this...battles? yeah, i would also DISagree to the statement: "It doesn't matter if you lose [die] as long as you lose [die] fighting..."

one may not get what is desired...but at least one has given one's best...it's hard to accept that one's best ain't good enough...but at times, that's the way it is...

and...it's so difficult to help anyone who does not want to be helped in the first place...no matter how pure the intention of a friend is to help...it may be put to garbage if the person is not inviting it...

"Get lost goodie-guy!"

Immortelle said...

Never give up on yourself and never give up on others.

http://www.solidsounds.org/song_detail.php?rid=1022