3+1, this mathematical statement brings to mind different things to different people. It may remind us of 4, the sum of 3+1 on a "regular" mathematical system (I hope my abstract algebra teacher won't kill me for this, I honestly forgot how to state this so I just coined it “regular”), or promo of drinking beverages, or anything at all. For me, thinking of 3+1 will bring me back through different events, theories and stories, through metaphysical, philosophical and theological realm. Most of all, it reminds me of man’s capacity to live two lives or even three or more lives. I’m not talking about multiple personality disorder [dissociative identity disorder], I’m talking about really living different lives when we are with different people or different events. Some people call it mask, some call it hypocricy and others call it lack of integrity.
From here we could ask, " Which is the real person and which is the mask?" Do we consider the evil "role" as the real person and the good "role" as the mask or vice versa?
One probably could say that the real content of a person's heart is the real person and the one he shows to the public that is diffrent from his heart's content is the mask.
So, it will boil down to the inner you and inner values. So if you act contrary to your inner values you are acting using your mask. (to be continued...)
===============================
I just reached a wall on my article and I decided not go with it but instead meet it wherever my mind will take me on this one. My thesis is, what if both the evil role and good role of man is really part of the man and not just a role played for other people. Some people considers the evil role as the real person and considers the good role as mask. Some thinks the other way around. But what if, everything is really part of the person?
From here we could ask, " Which is the real person and which is the mask?" Do we consider the evil "role" as the real person and the good "role" as the mask or vice versa?
One probably could say that the real content of a person's heart is the real person and the one he shows to the public that is diffrent from his heart's content is the mask.
So, it will boil down to the inner you and inner values. So if you act contrary to your inner values you are acting using your mask. (to be continued...)
===============================
I just reached a wall on my article and I decided not go with it but instead meet it wherever my mind will take me on this one. My thesis is, what if both the evil role and good role of man is really part of the man and not just a role played for other people. Some people considers the evil role as the real person and considers the good role as mask. Some thinks the other way around. But what if, everything is really part of the person?
=============July 29,2005==========
I'll add my comment/response about this topic:
That's exactly my point Tigra.. see, I'm a hypocrite too. But I usually considers my being hypocrite as the real me. But to think about it, what if my good me and the hypocrite me is me?
* BTW, the church is a place where people who have sinned and wants to be healed gather together.
Its amazing how Jesus invested His life on me, knowing that I will soon sin against Him and probably neglect His invetment(sacrifice).
4 comments:
So if you act contrary to your inner values you are acting using your mask.
or it could be the opposite..u don't have any inner values and then act out that you have some.
i really abhor the 3+1 ppl types coz u no longer really know who or what they are..coz they always seem to seamelessly configure who they are in whatever situation/people you put them in.
ot, but advertising is such a powerful thing jd d i noh..even if i dont drink , the 3+1 stuck in association with the word "beer"!
yeah, 3+1 associates with beer sad for me, though I just found out that colt 45 is having 4+1. =). Good point shutterbug, I have not yet consider people who doesnt have inner values (if they exists). Some people are "3+1" without even knowing it. I am yet to present my "theory" about this. I thought I already have it but, when I started typing "nawala" cya. =).
...there seems to be a very thin line dividing the hypocrites and those who are merely adaptive...
when it comes to having various faces...my sign says i am adaptive...my conscience says, i am a hypocrite!!!
That's exactly my point Tigra.. see I'm a hypocrite too. But I usually considers my being hypocrite as the real me. But to think about it, what if my good me and the hypocrite me is me?
* BTW, the church is a place where people who have sinned and wants to be healed gather together.
It amazing how Jesus invested His life on me, knowing that I will soon sin against Him and probably neglect His invetment(sacrifice).
Post a Comment