"Romance!" and "group hug!"
Romance - A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful.
- A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something.
Romance reminds me of a feeling of blood rushing from veins to veins. I simply call this feeling - "the rush". Reminds me of a song that says," it came over me in a rush and I realized that I love you so much that sometimes I cry and I can't tel you why... why I feel what I feel inside.."
You really can't describe that mixed feeling of turmoil and excitement. The RUSh, as I call it, not only causes a sense of blood rush but also causes a decision-rush. You know, when you have this on the rush feeling of excitement, you also feel the need to do rush-decisions. One person told me that when you are in a hightened emotion don't make a decision. Some people took the risk of rushing and they got burned; some got away with it unscratch. But still, most of the rush-decisions made on rush-moments are stupid.
Group hug - an action made as an expression of celebrating triumph.
We just love seeing basketball players jumping and hugging after winning a championship.
We just love football players running and hugging after every goal made. Simply a basic but rich expression of celebration. Psychologist tells us that man has his/her own "private sphere". This is a space that surounds us that we "unconsciously" call our own. We just don't let anybody intrude our private spheres. That will explain why we just don't get physically close with anybody. Group hug simply breaks "private spheres". Somehow, people celebrating and group hugging lay down their defenses and share a sense of oneness with other people. I would say a hug (in its purest form) is a sign of acceptance and celebration. We hug our brothers in faith to tell them they are loved and accepted and we celebrate their presence.
-jo
2 comments:
heheheh...
when i read the word romance, the first thing that came into my mind was a square bottle... romance by ralph lauren! heheh
square bottle, gray images, light pink lettering man cgro...
group hug unya ta... kami ni mel and kamo mga boys! :D
during our teambuilding our facilitator asked us our expectations.. everyone (including me) talked about out-of-this-training's-concern expectations. Romance and group hug are my contributions. hehehehe... the facilator probably thought man.. what in the world... "romance and group hug?"
Post a Comment