Yesterday, I attended a seminar called "Excellence in your Workplace".
I decided to list down the things that hits right home.
Hit #1 - I still have a lot of things to learn. There is always something new to learn. I know my friend, Gerard always says this but this time, it got me right in my very core. My life will now be very open for the Lord to fill and teach.
Hit #2 - Remember to read your manual (the Bible) always. When things go wrong go back to your manual and consult your Maker. The first time I read this fact from PDL (Purpose Driven Life) it blow me away! This time the Lord brought me to remembrance the same feeling of being blown away.
Hit #3 - No amount of self-help book or training will ever change your life without being connected to the right source.
Hit #4 - Finish Well. Don't run the race alone.
Hit #5 - Stick with your passion. This brings in the question, what is my passion? My passion is always to worship God and bring glory to his name and passion #2 would be to be a Joseph (something that adds) to the lives of the people around me and help them find their God-given purpose. This is my mission statement.
Hit #6 - When dealing with critical people, we shouuld know ourselves better and don't allow yourself to be driven by that person's opinion of you or of other people.
Hit #7 - Let God run the show. In totality, the seminar focused on life's most important focus - God. People probably went there to find tips and clues on how to climb the ladder of succes well but they got something better - the Lord of the any ladder. Cito Beltran puts it this way, "You came here wanting chicken but it happened that we are serving steak for the same price."
2 comments:
teejaysole.. yeah i tried browsing to my settings to see if its there and i found it. :)
yeah.. great seminar indeed! This is great.. i have re-realized a lot of things. You know the feeling when you got it already but you need another event/person to make you "really" get it.:)
Hey Josiah. I am a co-worker of TJ. Don't listen to a word he says. Just kidding. I like your blog.
Pastor Carlos
Post a Comment