Sunday, May 07, 2006

Da Vinci Code


I thought I am not going to write something about the Da Vinci Code but the coming movie somehow intensified the stirring of intrigued of the people around me. So here is my take regarding this matter, I have been familiar with this conspiracy long ago, long before the Da Vinci code was written. I have read about it and dig a bit about it in both the evangelical and gnostic perspective. And like most of the people who has read about it in the Da Vinci Code, I was intrigued and it actually kept me thinking... for a long time.:) And yes.. it got me doubted in the faith that I was trying to pursue.

The whole conspiracy thing was just so hard to ignore. Something inside of me felt divided, I wanted to believe the Bible and Jesus as what the church says they are but there was a part of me that wanted it to be true. A part of me wanted to check out the conspiracy theory of Christianity. What if the conspiracy is true? This is the very question that kept nagging my head. And I'm sure some christians out there is also experiencing what I had experienced.

I am not writing as an expert because I am not. So I will not say the been-there-done-that line. The documents I've read is just a processed meat made for public consumption. It was made to propel the reader to a point of the the writer's choice. One person calls that "canned good reading". So as a canned good reader I will not present any document or any argument based on history that will prove that my point is correct.

A lot of people has been debating on the Da Vinci Code issue. But buttomline is, it's all about FAITH. If Jesus Christ is who Dan Brown says He is, then the Jesus I know is a fool claiming to be God. But I guess even Dan Brown himself doubts his own words. And if Jesus is who the Bible says He is, then believing on Him and accepting Him as Savior and LORD is the most important thing anybody should do. How can we be sure then? Well, if we will not believe in Jesus and give Him a chance, we will never be sure and we will always doubt. But when we believe in Him and pursue a relationship with Him, we will be sure by the testimony of the Holy Spirit. God Himself will show Himself strong and true. God Himself will testify that He loves us thru Jesus Christ.

As I've said, all of these things will boil down to faith. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Believe first and then you will see. Believe first and then you will be sure. It somehow sounds funny and even unfair but that's how God moves and God is God.

No comments: